Business Analyst, Forecasting & Analytics
Business Analyst, Workforce Planning
Wayfair is seeking an analytical and driven individual to fill the position of Business Analyst for the Workforce Planning team. This role is focused on helping Wayfair’s fast-growing Customer Service and B2B Operations handle and improve their economics and productivity through rigorous analysis. This position will need to develop an understanding of how all aspects within Workforce Planning fit together, as well as understand Wayfair’s Sales and Service model to effectively identify efficiency gaps and support leadership with reporting and analysis as needed.
At their core, Business Analysts at Wayfair are strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis, thrive in a rapidly changing environment and are seeking a fast-growing opportunity where they can have an immediate impact on critical business decisions. Business Analysts are strong communicators who are eager to learn, endlessly curious, and take pride in hard work and are committed to rapidly advancing their career. Business Analysts are self-directed individuals that see the big picture, thrive on challenging the status quo, and seek to put their own imprint on their work by adding constant enhancements.
About Workforce Planning at Wayfair – this team is responsible for staffing, scheduling and monitoring Wayfair’s Customer Service and B2B departments through a combination of art and business acumen. Our ongoing goal is to craft the most efficient operation possible, while meeting the needs of Wayfair, our staff and our leadership partners.
- Lead, aggregate, analyze and report on Customer Service operational and financial performance
- Support compensation management by reviewing historical cost performance, modeling new compensation structures and forecasting future cost expectations
- Create and maintain headcount models for several departments within Operations
- See opportunity areas for more efficient operational performance
- Consult with internal business partners to develop analyses across several areas of the business
- Design and build reports, dashboards, and analyses in both Excel and Tableau
- BA/BS with strong academic record
- 0-3 years of experience in a quantitative role
- +Experience with Excel (pivot tables etc. ), SQL knowledge a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
Wayfair is committed to an environment that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or disability.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.