Senior Manager, Product Design - Services
Are you constantly looking for the intersection of customer goals and business needs? Do you thrive when you encourage creatives to deliver the best work of their careers? Do you think hiring someone with a different point of view from yours makes for a stronger team? Have you recently been told that you incessantly ask “Why?”
If you answered “Yes!” to the above, we’ve got to meet.
We’re the product design team at Wayfair, and we’re tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. From finding that perfect item via AR to scheduling installation services, we’re solving new problems every day in both the online and offline experiences for our tens of millions of customers.
Reporting to the Head of Product Design, the Senior Product Design Manager is responsible for driving the design strategy for the products that connect our customers and interior designers. Your strong experience in designing digital services will ensure a cohesive, frictionless experience for both customer sets, allowing each to seamlessly collaborate and design rooms together.
We’re looking for a strong product thinker who can clearly communicate their ideas from a high-level view of our customer experience, as well as dive into the details to help our product teams deliver world-class products and services. Your ability to identify, influence, and prioritize opportunities for greatest impact paired with your leadership and mentorship of great designers will craft a platform allowing our customers and interior designers to build great things together.
What you’ll do:
- Listen to customers and interior designers to craft workflows that are joyful to complete
- Lead the work of a multi-disciplinary design team comprised of product designers, researchers, and content strategists
- Find and hire the best talent to comprise a complementary set of thinkers who continually push one another to achieve great results
- Set the example for what product design is at Wayfair
- Promote a design culture that is inclusive of other makers across the company to impact the scale of design
- Driven by experience, make calls from the gut when pure quantitative data isn’t conclusive
- Inspire designers, user researchers, content strategists, product managers, and engineers to deliver the best work of their careers
Who you are:
- A builder of engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity
- A leader and mentor of design teams comprised of varying experiences and backgrounds
- A motivator who champions team successes and stays humble in your own success
- A passionate advocate for the customer who never loses sight of the big picture
- A curious mind who rarely settles for your first answer and constantly seeks new ways to solve problems
This is an awesome opportunity to make interior design affordable for all customers and grow business for local interior designers. If this is the challenge you’re seeking, please let us know why and feel free to share any of your thoughts, stories, or work that you have floating around online. We’d love to get to know you!
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.