Associate Director, Pool Point & Cross Dock Operations
The Middle Mile team is looking for a proven operations leader to drive the establishment of world class physical operations within our Middle Mile network. This person will own the operations of our national Cross Dock network fulfilling our Large Parcel customer orders. This individual will be responsible for establish a culture of safety, quality and process while providing an environment that associates enjoy working in.
We are looking for a leader with the right blend of people and data management. A great team builder who understands the importance of KPIs to enable a deep understanding of their operations and drive the highest attainable efficiencies. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company. For the right entrepreneurial candidate this is an excellent opportunity to lead one of our core operational functions that will differentiate Wayfair from its competitors.
What you will do:
- Drive culture change in our Middle Mile Cross Dock operations.
- Establish more efficient demand and labor planning within the operation.
- Leverage data and KPIs to continuously drive efficiencies and identify and remove defect points that cause damage and add cost.
- Work with both internal and external process to manage and address upstream and downstream pain points
- Provide direct input into the development, implementation and reporting of operations KPI/metrics.
Who we are: The Middle Mile manages all of Wayfair’s logistics operations from our suppliers to our warehouses or direct to our customers. We strive to continually delight our customers by providing the most transparent, reliable, and exception free end to end delivery experience in the industry. We believe in repeatable, scalable, data and process driven management while embracing Wayfair’s entrepreneurial creative and fun atmosphere. We also provide leadership by example in hiring, retention and safety.
Who you are:
- A cultural evangelist who does not compromise when it comes to safety and process.
- A strong process and safety driven leader; hands on 5s or Lean background a plus
- MBA or other graduate degree in engineering, logistics, or other supply chain related field preferred but accomplished professionals will always be considered
- You have 7+ years of operations and logistics experience managing multiple sites; experience in operating cross dock operations a plus
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems. Six Sigma background a plus
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
- Demonstrated history as a team builder and coach
- Able to lead discussions and communicate effectively
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.