Senior Consulting Manager, Service Innovation & Analytics
The Service Innovation team is looking to add a senior leader to their group! This person will leverage a creative approach and quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions that impact the customer experience. This team is highly cross-functional and highly visible to senior leadership, solving the most complex problems from any part of the operations.
Who we are: Service Innovation team is an internal consulting group that seeks to improve the customer experience by improving people allocation, processes, and technology. The team is cross-functional in their approach, working with teams such as R&D, Transportation & Logistics, Warehouse Operations & Inventory Positioning, etc. in order to drive impactful change that benefits the customer.
What you will do:
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project, and get buy-in for project methodology
- Develop a model to estimate the impact of a specific recommendation while controlling for factors that may introduce noise into the analysis
- Conduct big data analysis using SQL, R, Python and other software applications
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
- Analyze inbound call data to root cause customer issues and prioritize efforts at reducing the first contact
- Analyze service performance after a call is placed and develop recommendations for call routing, issue handling, resolution types, etc. to reduce follow-on calls and improve customer satisfaction
- Work with Storefront to design, pilot, and measure the impact of a new webpage feature on customer purchase behavior
- Develop new ideas to “Wow” the customer and measure their effectiveness, such as day of delivery tracking, in which a customer can view the delivery truck as it proceeds along its route and approaches his/her residence
- Analyze the impact of fast deliveries vs. accurate deliveries on customer satisfaction in order to optimize delivery expectations on storefront
- 4+ years of progressive consulting experience, or experience in a highly analytical role.
- MBA preferred
- Passionate about solving complex business problems
- Highly analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Economics or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Possess an affinity for data, and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Extensive Excel or SQL experience, bonus points for R, Python or other programming skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including corporate and front-line teams
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.