Process Improvement Manager - Finance (Maternity cover)
We are a zillion things home. We are Wayfair.
Wayfair.de and .co.uk has Europe’s largest online selection of furniture, home furnishings, décor and goods including more than 1.8 million products from over 3,500 suppliers across the EU and is constantly increasing.
Wayfair is looking for Process Improvement Manager to initially provide maternity leave cover, with probability to extend.
We are offering the unique opportunity to work with a highly-motivated team of professionals at the core of our high growth business. The Finance team manages the processing and reporting around Wayfair’s large volume of transactions in Europe - including initial customer orders, supplier payments, carrier payments and VAT reporting.
If you have a flair for process improvement, have extensive experience working with financial systems, and would enjoy the daily contact with cross-functional partners across Wayfair, you should apply.
- Create roadmaps for our carriers towards touch free complete cost coded invoice loading
- Lead the freight accounts payable team
- Use KPIs to identify opportunities and action plans for improvement
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes that make our AP teams, carriers and suppliers more efficient and effective
- Liaise with Offshore invoice entry team on QA checks and performance
- Support the Finance team uncovering, root causing, and solving operational performance trends
- Work cross-functionally and partner with groups company-wide, including Logistics, Engineering, Category Management, Buying, Supplier Performance and Customer Services
- Develop core understanding of the Wayfair processes and applications.
- Act as onsite critical incident manager for the Finance team.
- Troubleshooting and escalating issues through engineering teams.
- Analyze and report performance trends and improvements to senior management
Do you have?
- Significant experience as a team lead or manager in process improvement environments, or relevant Finance/Technical support leadership experience (ideally, logistics or Accounts Payable experience)
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to rapidly get to speed with job knowledge
- Experience in driving best practice and process improvements in teams
- Ideally, experience in developing and implementing software tools/automation to make teams more efficient
- An inclusive and open leadership style and ability to build collaborative relationships with key partners inside and outside Wayfair.
- Fluency in English with well-developed written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to adapt communication strategies effectively depending on the audience
- Proficiency in use of MS Office programs, ideally including SQL, Financial Systems/ERP applications.
- Health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym Membership contribution
- Monthly Team outings
- Employee Purchase Discounts
- Bus Saver Ticket scheme
- Training Programs for continued career education
- Paid Volunteering Day
- And last but not least- free snacks!
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Note: Wayfair is committed to an environment that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.