Associate Director, Visual Merchandising Strategy
Who We Are:
Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes. We have over 2 million people shopping across our 10 million+ products daily and believe every customer should have fun, be inspired, and get excited by the differentiated experience we offer. Our team enhances that experience by creating cohesive, compelling merchandising displays that bring our brand to life (think print catalogs, homepage video content, pop-up shops, and lifestyle imagery that permeates all customer touchpoints).
What You’ll Do:
Reporting to the Head of Brand Development, you will have an incredible opportunity to lead a rapidly growing team, drive high-profile new initiatives that will evolve our brand, and make a large impact across the organization.
This unique role sits at the intersection of business, analysis, creative, process, and consumer behavior. Your visionary ideas, customer instinct, and ability to balance performance data will compel our customers to engage, explore, and shop with Wayfair. You’ll manage a team to create a top-performing and highly engaging brand and merchandise displays that showcase our best product offerings across a variety consumer touchpoints.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Drive the merchandising strategy and execution across a range of consumer touch points including print catalogs, imagery and videos for onsite campaigns, and physical retail stores (eg newly launched pop-up shops)
- Lead a team of visual merchants, assortment planners, and buyers who merchandise engaging consumer-facing experiences that reinforce our brand direction, compel our customer to buy, support shopping trends, and reinforce marketing channel best practices
- Innovate measurement, optimization, and routinization of best practices, testing strategies, and learnings to continuously improve performance of our various visual displays
- Partner cross-functionally to maximize impact of team’s existing merchandising activities, as well as trial new ones, such as:
- Leverage 3D imagery capabilities in print catalogs
- Expand monetization efforts of print catalogs
- Streamline concepting and procurement of onsite videos
- Improve performance of major campaign imagery
- Drive merchandising strategy for physical retail
- Key cross-functional partners include Marketing, Product Management, Creative, Photo Studio, Category Management, Promotions and Pricing
- Be well-informed of current merchandising trends of e-commerce and physical retail and competitors as the business evolves
You’d be a great fit if you have:
- 10+ years of experience or 4+ years post MBA experience preferred
- 3+ years management experience, including success in building and scaling teams
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy. Advanced excel skills needed
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and a “get it done” attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.