Senior Art Director, Brand Engagement
Wayfair’s Brand Engagement creative team builds well-rooted connections with active and prospective customers that transcend the transactional. We’re seeking a senior creative leader to apply our brand standards in new ways and define a strategy that transforms our personality into a tangible, relatable entity that our customer identifies with. Overseeing copywriters, designers, and associate art directors, you’ll bring our brand to life through content, inventive experiences, and large cross-channel campaigns. The role requires someone who is a creative visionary, collaborative partner to marketing leaders, and a strong manager-doer.
Ideal candidates will thrive on unexpected day-to-day challenges and relish the opportunity to build new initiatives from the ground up. You will manage our brand personality through a wide array of channels, including paid and organic social, online video, and linear TV partnerships. Experience managing a diverse creative team is essential to the success of this role.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee, develop, and build creative processes/strategies for a team of content writers and creatives
- Manage and coach a team of ~10 creative managers and individual contributors, including designers, copywriters, and content producers, and video producer/editors
- Maintain a strong creative vision and constructive partnership with marketing leaders
- Research, scope, and pitch new projects to bring our brand to life in the eyes of our customer
- Work hand-in-hand with Wayfair Marketing Creative and Brand Identity to ensure consistency and efficiency
- Understand home décor trends through the filter of our customer
- Synthesize sales data and performance metrics into actionable creative plans that allow for nimble execution
- Maintain seamless cross-functional communications with key stakeholders
- Drive efficiency, identify bottlenecks and remedy quickly
- Plan forward and communicate widely to ensure a broad team is aligned on creative strategy
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of creative campaign development, experiential marketing, content strategy, and social community management
- Passion for the home space with a sharp understanding of furniture and décor trends
- Left- and right-brained ability to solve problems
- Collaborative, energetic team leader
- Experience managing a team of individual contributors across various levels
- Strong understanding of how to interpret and communicate analytical results
- Deep customer instincts and ability to “think like a customer”
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.