Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives - Corporate Finance
With Wayfair’s aggressive growth comes the need for strong financial partnership, planning, and support across the business. The Senior Manager of Strategic Initiatives - Corporate Finance will lead the execution of a wide variety of financially-oriented strategic initiatives that span financial management processes across the company. This project-based role will work closely with Finance and Accounting teams while also collaborating with business partners across the company to improve our ability to monitor and communicate the financial health of the business. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with a highly analytical background who enjoys tackling new challenges in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- Effectively manage numerous projects at a given time in rapidly evolving environment.
- Collaborate with partners across the global business to tackle macro and micro-level issues.
- Develop structured approach to problem solving with limited oversight and direction.
- Be resourceful in obtaining data and skillful in managing incomplete and imperfect information.
- Perform modeling and analytics required to synthesize large sets of data and produce concise outputs to convey recommendation and / or conclusions to leadership.
- Prepare proposals to summarize findings and present recommendations.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in private equity, consulting and / or investment banking desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree, plus 6+ years of experience in finance or strategy with a bias towards quantitative analysis. MBA preferred.
- Superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in quantitative analysis and presentation (Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and executive management.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.