Director of Operations
Associate Director of Operations – Cranbury Warehousing
Wayfair is looking for a talented, self-motivated Associate Director with demonstrated capabilities to streamline and optimize day-to-day operations for the Cranbury, NJ Warehousing team. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. The candidate must also be able to develop robust, trusting relationships with key stakeholders, and identify opportunity to improve the Warehousing productivity, command strong senior presence, and build a team of high performing employees. The candidate must have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively, a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is able to adapt to change quickly.
Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Management of our Cranbury, New Jersey distribution center to achievement of goals for operational metrics, including shipping time, order fill rate, inventory location, and count accuracy.
- Ensure that the annual objectives for cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness are achieved.
- Develop and manage strong management team and oversee: training and coaching, evaluation of all employees necessary to meet or exceed goals, and development of the work atmosphere.
- Ensure that safety, security, productivity, and satisfaction of employee align with company objectives.
- Manage warehouse inventory control programs and assure location and count accuracy meets our corporate requirements.
- Actively measure quality and strive for continuous improvement. Continually seek ways to improve the overall distribution process and identify best practices.
- Maintain compliance for areas of responsibility and participate in internal and external audits.
- Self-motivated and willing to drive process change.
- Ideally have both internal as well as 3PL experience understanding the impact of a high-volume DC environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; credible with internal stakeholders and external audiences; comfortable meeting with/presenting to executives and senior management.
- Solid analytical, problem identification, and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain a demanding schedule in a dynamic work environment
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Business Management, or a related field required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in distribution/management required.
- Solid competency in Microsoft Office suite, primarily Excel and the use of pivot tables.
- Local candidates preferred.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.