Senior Operations Manager
Wayfair is looking for a talented, self-motivated Senior Operations Manager with demonstrated capabilities to streamline and optimize day-to-day operations for the Warehousing team in Savannah, GA. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. The candidate must also be able to develop robust, trusting relationships with key stakeholders, and identify opportunity to improve the Warehousing productivity, command strong senior presence, and build a team of high performing Supervisors. The candidate must have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges.
The ideal candidate is goal-oriented and comfortable with driving cross-functional collaboration across all building departments. He/she has demonstrated success in driving results, mastering floor operations and insisting on quality. The ideal candidate has some project management experience and can balance analytical thinking with effective communication. He/She also thrives in a fast-paced environment and is able to adapt to change quickly. The Senior Operations Manager can work at both a tactical level (solving operational problems real-time, pivoting between projects quickly) while identifying and escalating strategic improvement opportunities for the overall success of the business
- Collaborate with Supervisor team in the warehouse to solve immediate day-to-day operational issues
- Build strong relationships with senior leadership as a trusted adviser.
- Monitor and drive key service level metrics for fulfillment to ensure that we are providing excellent customer experience and delivering on our promise.
- Support operational strategy and innovation to drive business goals for revenue, operational performance, and profitability.
- Manage, coach, develop team of Operations Supervisors.
- Manage multiple priorities in a face-paced environment with effective communication and thorough follow through.
- Establishes sound process improvement initiatives that drive year over year improvement
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of operations management experience.
- Strong administrative, organizational, managerial and communication skills
- Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret data, and develop, recommend, implement solutions
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style.
- Able to work collaboratively across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a streamlined action plan.
- Adept at communicating up and down and at pivoting approach depending on the audience’s needs.
- Familiarity with Excel and SQL are a plus.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.