Senior Manager, Home Services
Senior Manager, Home Services
Wayfair is looking for a driven and entrepreneurial leader to build and execute strategy for our high-growth home categories. Senior Manager Home Services will work with external service partners and internal marketing, product, engineering teams to profitably grow assembly, installation and warranty services at Wayfair. Reporting to the General Manager of Home Services, you’ll have an unique opportunity to own and grow the P&L, opportunity to build out a team and work with senior leadership to solve tough problems using a combination of quantitative data and qualitative reasoning.
Strong candidates must have a strong bias for action and ability to execute, be able to work cross-functionally with many types of people at all levels, and a strong analytical background. Due to the high visibility with senior leadership throughout the organization, they should also possess strong senior presence and superb communication skills. You will be responsible for growing sales while improving profitability, including identifying new business opportunities, developing relationships and negotiating with key partners, developing a competitive strategy, and leading cross functionally.
This is a great opportunity for those interested in pursuing a General Management career track at Wayfair because you will obtain experience and build skills that will position you to take on senior leadership positions within Wayfair.
This role requires a leader who can align external partners and cross-functional internal teams to advance key business drivers, such as site experience, pricing, operational performance, marketing/promotions, and customer service.
As a Senior Manager Home Services you will:
- Manage the service P&L and drive profitable growth
- Develop and implement category strategy to achieve revenue and profitability goals
- Build profitable relationships with third-party service partners and execute negotiations to secure best pricing, sales programs, and promotional support
- Collaborate across departments to drive business goals (departments include Product Management, Marketing & Advertising, Site Merchandising, Supplier Operations, Customer Service, Business Intelligence)
- Analyze data to strategize profit growth opportunities for the category and for specific external partners
- Partner closely with senior leaders to develop and enhance the Wayfair brand, site, and competitive positioning
- Analyze competitors’ marketing, selection and pricing and make strategic changes
- Maintain industry expertise; keep tabs on trends and new product ideas
- Use technology to enhance business goals / customer experience
You’re a great fit if you have:
- 7+ years relevant experience, preferably in management consulting, e-commerce or retail environment
- An MBA or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience building a business or delivering against daring targets & goals in a fast and rapidly evolving environment
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of senior leaders and functions to achieve objectives
- Analytical thinking and looks for (and finds) answers in the data
- Persuasive and articulate communication skills with excellent negotiations and relationship-building skills
- The ability to add immediate value– a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Lead and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and resolve root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel, SQL
- A consistent track record of leadership and taking ownership that leads to exceptional results
- A process oriented, with a tireless focus on quality of output and throughput
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.