Senior Associate - Human Resources – German & English (M/F)
- Are you an experienced as a generalist Human Resources Specialist?
- Do you have fluent German and English language skills?
- Would you like to be part of a high-growth organization with accelerated career prospects?
Wayfair.de and .co.uk has Europe’s largest online selection of furniture, home furnishings, décor and goods including more than 1.8 million products from over 3,500 suppliers across the EU and is consistently increasing.
Talent Management EU works with our employees on company efforts to recruit, engage, and retain the best talent including on-boarding of new hires, benefits administration and research on trends, working with employees on Employee Relations issues, helping managers develop their teams and reviewing data to position Wayfair as the Best Place to Work.
If you are passionate about HR and are able to deliver on promises with a high standard of excellence, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, then Wayfair is the place for you!
We are looking for a people-oriented professional to join the team. The Senior Associate - HR is a highly collaborative role that works closely as a trusted advisor and strategic partner with key stakeholders across the organization to develop our people and drive impact. In this role you will enjoy a multi-cultural, fast paced environment where the work you put in daily directly impacts organizational growth. You will focus on build effective and productive working relationships with employees, at all levels of the organization. With your HR expertise you will be an internal German employment law expert.
- Facilitate critical organizational initiatives as well as implement process improvements within Human Resources and across
- Provide advice, consultation and direction to employees within the organization to resolve employee relation issues
- Counsel managers on performance management and employee development
- Administer legal and regulatory compliance in Germany and the EU
- Analyze and be able to provide data insights to managers regarding performance management, and maintain HR metrics
- Administer benefits and leaves, and other processes
- Perform various other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Sufficient experience in Human Resources/Talent Management as a Human Resources Generalist in a complex organisation
- Excellent German and English language skills – both verbal and written
- Superb customer management skills with ability to build trust and credibility with employees, managers and colleagues at all levels
- Strong in-depth knowledge and understanding of German employment law
- Experience handling terminations, and other employee relations issues
- Ability to efficiently work with data and interest in analyzing company and industry trends
- Experience with Workday or other HRIS systems
- Willingness to travel to other Wayfair office in the EU
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Comfortable adopting to change in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Flexibility in responsibilities – willing to jump in to help on any project on the team
- Ability to act with a high degree of integrity and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and take ownership of projects
- Resourceful and results-oriented attitude
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Ability to act in a professional manner at all times
- Friendly and outgoing, with a strong interest in helping others
Our Offer to You:
- An industry competitive salary, bonus and equity package
- An awesome team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with London and Galway
- The opportunity to have a major tangible impact on Wayfair’s European expansion
- We also pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.