Wayfair is a leader in the eCommerce space for all things for the home (couches, end tables, lamps, and literally 8+ million other items). However, we're still small with that start-up feel within engineering. Our engineers are building highly interactive web tools to support our extensive 8+ million item Product Catalog. We’re helping to curate the most compelling customer experience anywhere on the web.
We're looking for growth-minded, energetic people who enjoy innovation and thrive on complexity and scale. For these teams, we are looking for strong object-oriented design skills. Engineers are truly full stack, building out full-featured, highly interactive web experiences for our end users as well as distributed backend systems capable of handling millions of changes daily. We have a massive amount of data under all of this so SQL skills and an analytic mindset are important as well.
- Globalizing our catalog to allow product content to be translated into a number of different languages as we expand our offerings abroad (PHP / SQL)
- Building out a best in class web portal for our suppliers to add to their product selection and improve the quality of the product data we capture (PHP / JS / SQL / C#.NET)
- Leveraging our extensive 3D model library to produce compelling, lifelike imagery to ensure our customers can visualize our top products in their homes (Python / 3DS MAXScript)
- Building a pricing engine capable of delivering millions of price changes to site in under an hour to help the business stay agile at scale (C# / F# / SQL)
*** This position is on-site at our Boston, MA headquarters - not a freelance / remote opportunity ***
We don't care what language you grew up with...we have a wide array of technologies here. OO skills are great; functional programming and scripting language experience are prized as well.
An ideal candidate has:
- 6-12+ years of relevant experience
- Exceptional problem solving skills, experience developing creative solutions to complex problems
- Experience in Object Oriented programming (PHP or .NET preferred)
- SQL Database design, development and performance optimization experience
- Sense of humor and excellent communication skills
- Desire to mentor, teach and lead teams
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.