Director of Organizational Design & Strategy
Wayfair is seeking a Head of Organizational Design & Strategy (OD&S) to lead a core part of our Talent org and report directly into the Global Head of Talent. Wayfair truly believes that having strong talent is the major competitive advantage and our people are the driving factors in the overall success of our business. Therefore, the Talent team’s role in hiring, onboarding, and developing the overall Wayfair team is critical to our operations as we scale at over 40% YoY and increase our headcount from 10K to 20K employees.
The Director of OD&S sits at the intersection of many teams within Talent managing our Talent Analytics team, our Performance Strategy team and our Compensation team. This group in particular will be responsible for pushing Wayfair to the next level and creating a strategic and sustainable path as we scale from 10K to 15K to 20K people. The OD&S team works closely with executive leadership across all functional teams at Wayfair to ensure that our people strategy is meeting our rapidly growing business needs effectively and efficiently. This is a unique opportunity to have a direct influence on the future of our Talent org but also Wayfair as a whole.
- Manage and develop team of ~24 talent analytics, compensation and performance strategy professionals.
- Lead usage of Talent Analytics reporting to improve business and talent outcomes across a 12,000-employee company
- Execute and evolve compensation strategy across all teams, ensuring thoughtful market competitiveness and high ROI
- Use data to drive ongoing improvements in performance management process with focus on the bi-annual reviews and calibration process
- Work with the Business Intelligence team to build and maintain the data warehousing for all of our Talent data
- Partner with engineering and product teams to ensure efficient and effective tools are developed to support work of all teams with OD&S
- Work closely with senior leadership globally to ensure OD&S team’s work is driving measurable improvement in business outcomes through better use of human capital data
- Play leadership role across Talent org, partnering with other talent leads and working closely with Global Head of Talent, CFO and CEO
- MBA (or equivalent) from leading university
- 10+ years of experience in management consulting, Talent or general manager role in high growth tech company
- 5+ years of management experience, including experience building and scaling teams and managing senior level managers.
- Strong analytical skills, including fluidity with statistical techniques and tools
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing on a strategy in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with and influence C-level leaders
- Comfort with ambiguity, high growth and rapidly changing environment
- Passion for and interest in people management and development, but no formal HR experience required
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.