Technical Product Manager, Customer Intelligence
Technical Product Manager - Customer Information and Identity
Introduction to the Team:
The Ad Tech + Customer Intelligence team manages and builds a best-in-class marketing technology stack. From a recommendations engine, to DSP integrations, to a Data Management Platform – we are building an intelligent, efficient and automated toolset to assist our marketers and provide the most leverage possible. This work stream takes full advantage of other proprietary systems to create a fast iteration cycle and easy development.
Nearly every facet of Wayfair utilizes the rich, historical data generated by our users to better understand the customer experience, make key business and marketing decisions, and report on the success of constant test iterations. Being able to action of all of Wayfair’s customer data in meaningful ways and at the speed and scale the business demands is the core responsibility of the Customer Information and Identity team.
From simple customer facts (geolocation, recent purchases) to identifying users across devices to complex predictive segments resulting from machine learning, the Customer Information and Identity team creates a powerful data platform that powers personalization across marketing channels and Wayfair brand sites.
As the technical product manager for the Customer Information and Identity team at Wayfair, you will own and maintain our suite of audience and identity products. Your core task is to enable the company to seamlessly activate massive datasets. Bridging the gaps between collected data and meaningful use of it by internal stakeholders and marketers. In addition, you’ll work to ensure stakeholders understand and use our data through intuitive interfaces.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a PM, former analyst or engineer familiar with big data platforms and audience software (such as adobe marketing cloud, mediamath, oracle, google analytics, etc.). This is a hands on product role, you love diving in and getting your hands dirty. You get excited when new challenges arise.
- Be the Customer Information expert - learn the product inside and out, be able to answer almost any question about customer data and audience segments
- Work closely with a team of engineers and data scientists to build best in class audience and identity products.
- Engage with business stakeholders and analysts to ensure that the data products you’re creating are organized, accessible, and easy to activate in multiple marketing use cases.
- Working with large and complex SQL, Hive, Vertica databases.
- Manage and continually improve the company’s identity graph for all of its customers and devices.
- Prioritize many requests and ideas for features by understanding the business value and impact, weighed against the risk and development time
- Maintain a product vision and roadmap, keeping stakeholders and constituents up to date on the top level goals and timelines.
- Market your product internally to various departments to ensure all available users know about your product and how they could value from it
- Translate business initiatives into engineering stories/tickets and do basic estimations for the level of effort necessary
- Deeply understand the technology used in your products, the strong and weak points, and become an expert at what is available
- Regularly communicate our quarterly/monthly goals and progress to keep business stakeholders apprised of your work and product progress
- Provide regular trainings and communications on the product to various audiences.
- Minimum of 2-5 years Product Management experience, with a focus on delivering products and improvement iterations
- Intermediate SQL. You must demonstrate an ability to understand table schemas, join techniques, and common operators like WHERE, CASE, etc.
- Proven analytical / quantitative analysis skills, especially when working with web-based (big) data. Statistical analysis a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication and a demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to structure problems, develop clear hypotheses, and prioritize work against the largest impact initiatives
- Technical software understanding beyond buzzwords. The ability to read and understand coding languages and the underlying logic
- Obsessive attention to detail that makes your product stand out to users
- Cultivate senior presence and be the leader of your product
- Positive, people-oriented and energetic
- Experience in the digital advertising and/or email marketing space
- Prior experience building a DMP or related experience with building user profiles, data modeling, audience building, segmentation etc.
- Familiarity with big data technologies: Hive, spark, storm, kafka, tensorflow, etc.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.