Senior Product Manager, Search Infrastructure
Senior Product Manager, Search Infrastructure
At Wayfair, our Product Management team is responsible for driving the vision and execution necessary to delight customers with world-class experiences. We are organized into small, fully-empowered teams that combine the speed and agility of a startup (with many former entrepreneurs throughout our leadership) and the firepower of a $5 billion company aggressively investing in its continued growth.
As a Senior Product Manager on our Search team, you will define and establish the necessary infrastructure used to delight tens of millions of customers and support record breaking company growth. You’ll accomplish this by leading the development of our data platform (Solr) that’s leveraged everywhere we show products. By scaling this system you’ll define and build the breakthroughs necessary to catapult this critical capability to the next level. You’ll drive success through your technical dexterity, executive presence, and rigorous focus on delivering business value through elegant solutions. You’ll lead the charge by rallying a fully dedicated team of of engineers, analysts, and fellow product managers to define and execute on your vision.
As the CEO of your product, you must have a strong bias for action, be a consummate communicator, be extremely curious, and be willing to identify and fill gaps where necessary to get the job done. You will be asked to break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning. You will play a central role in organizing and communicating the efforts of a cross-functional team consisting of Engineers, Product Managers, Site Merchandising, Analysts, Data Scientists, and Designers.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a deep understanding of internal users and their use cases as well as internal business strategy / goals
- Build strong relationships throughout the organization, ensuring transparency across our roadmaps and surfacing opportunities to improve our collective velocity, consistency and/or quality
- Define, monitor and communicate KPIs for your product area
- Create a product vision and strategy that will help us delight our target users and achieve our business goals
- Translate our product vision / strategy into a well-sequenced roadmap, and ensure that your roadmap evolves as we learn and adjust our business goals
- Partner closely with dedicated Engineering and Analytics teams to execute against your roadmap and continually improve team velocity
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to continually improve our product in ways that matter most to our users and have the biggest impact on our KPIs
- 5+ years experience in product management (B2C or B2B)
- Track record of building high-impact consumer products
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer-focused innovation
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multivariate testing practices a plus
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for technical, quantitative, or scientific backgrounds
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.