Senior Product Manager- CastleGate Portal Platform
We’re entrepreneurial, value oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfair’s pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
Fulfillment and logistics technology is fundamental to creating an online purchase experience that delights our customers with rapid home delivery. CastleGate Fulfillment was created to dramatically improve consumers’ shopping experience and develop a unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. CastleGate provides a distinct competitive advantage for Wayfair and will be the main driver for our future growth and success.
What You'll Do
- Build an understanding of complex operational and logistical processes and translate them into user-friendly digital experiences for our CastleGate Suppliers to enable an understanding of their inventory life cycle throughout CastleGate Services, notify them of decision points, and validate the CastleGate value proposition
- Manage a small group of Product Managers to ensure a collective vision and execute the initiatives that make it come to life while maintaining a team culture that embraces empathy for CastleGate Suppliers, a strong tolerance for risk-taking and is incredibly fun to be a part of
- Develop a deep understanding of our users, customer journeys, competition, technology, and team and create a product vision and strategy that delights our Suppliers and aligns with internal business strategy/goals
- Translate our product vision and strategy into a well-sequenced roadmap, and ensure that our roadmap evolves as we learn and adjust our business goals
- Partner closely with your Engineering, Design, Internal Technologies/Platforms, Operations, and Account Management teams to execute against your roadmap and continually improve team velocity
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to define, monitor and communicate KPIs for your product area in order to continually improve our product in ways that matter most to our users
- Build strong relationships throughout the organization to ensure transparency across our roadmaps and surface opportunities to improve our collective velocity, consistency and/or quality through collaboration
What You'll Need
- 3+ years experience in Product Management and 1+ years managing Product Managers with a demonstrated track record of successful product development execution and ongoing impact optimization
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic record (preferred quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds), MBA preferred
- Examples of success in aligning a vision, strategy and execution across different functional organizations in highly matrixed environments with the ability to think and perform tactically and strategically
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Demonstrated communication and stakeholder management skills
- Cross functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for building functional and engaging user experiences
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Familiarity with Excel and SQL practices a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.