Driver Engagement Manager
Driver Engagement Manager
Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience for large parcel items (e.g., couches, vanities). To enable this differentiated experience, Wayfair is investing heavily to create the first-ever national large parcel supply chain all the way to the consumer’s home. This is an exciting, fast-paced, and high-visibility initiative and we are looking for leaders who can help disrupt the status quo and redefine an industry.
We are looking for an engagement manager with an entrepreneurial attitude and a deep passion for people and supply chain operations to help build a strategic initiative for the company. This person will play a key role in strategizing the plan for hiring and retaining drivers through establishing career opportunities and proper incentive plans. Due to the initial stages of the project, the ideal candidate will be a true self starter who is willing to become fluent in the business and come up with innovative opportunities. They will have a background of building teams and partnering cross functionally to drive change.
- Join an early stage team and be an integral part of getting an initiative scaled across the country
- Partner closely with recruiting on strategies for finding drivers and bringing the best talent into the operation
- Redefine the traditional career path for drivers to create opportunities for growth and development within the company
- Move aggressively and quickly in a startup environment that leverages the resources of Wayfair
- Pivot as needed to address unanticipated challenges and complexity in the business model
- Work cross functionally with recruiting, talent management, and training teams, among others
- Analyze key performance metrics to root cause turnover and opportunities to retain top talent
- Develop innovative opportunities to cut costs and drive efficiencies in our supply chain
- Travel to Wayfair warehouses to view operations first hand
- Monitor and regularly report performance trends and improvements to senior management and leadership
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience in e-commerce, supply chain and operations
- HR and recruiting experience is a plus
- Track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources
- Must have strong business acumen and demonstrated senior presence
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.