Associate Director, Physical Retail
Wayfair is looking for a proven, entrepreneurial, analytical, process-driven leader to join our Physical Stores team to inform the development of a new physical retail channel for Wayfair and oversee its execution. As an extension of Wayfair’s mission to transform how people shop for their homes, physical retail will open the door for new technology-enabled and service-focused experiences that help customers experience the Wayfair brand, explore our catalog, seek out help from product and design experts, and ultimately furnish the homes they love with more confidence, ease, and satisfaction.
Reporting to the GM of Physical Stores, this is a rare opportunity to be part of a team redefining omni-channel retail within a successful technology company. The Associate Director will partner with an extensive cross functional team to manage execution of the Physical Stores strategy which covers areas such as store experience design and optimization, technology development, store operations and store performance management. Additionally, the candidate must be highly flexible with the ability to quickly assume new areas of responsibility as the Physical Stores business continues to evolve.
This role offers substantial opportunity for career growth, the ability to have major impact and partnership with senior leadership on a high-profile initiative.
- Work with key cross-functional stakeholders to meet timeline to launch, with an understanding and strategic view on all internal/external influences
- Evaluate cross-functional team progress to ensure that the timeline is followed steadily and consistently, while identifying and communicating risks and roadblocks
- Own specific workstream(s) directly and facilitate other teams in delivering solutions for Physical Stores. Workstreams could be in areas of analytics and performance measurement, training of store consultants, store design, merchandising, marketing, real estate, operations, supply chain
- Partner with teams on rapid iteration of store experience based on learnings
- Collect and use data to analyze and evaluate store performance and facilitate opportunities for improvement
- Be well-informed of current trends of e-commerce and physical retail and competitors as the business evolves
- 7+ years of total experience, 3+ years post MBA experience
- Consulting experience or operational leadership responsibility preferred
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results while leading large cross-functional teams
- Strong project management skills with evidence of ‘scrappy startup execution’ and how to ‘get it done’ attitude
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of seniorities and functions to deliver against complex initiatives
- Process-oriented with strong quantitative and communication skills, comfortable in a data-driven business environment
- Positive, genuine and extremely collaborative team player who wants to see others and themselves thrive
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, pivot readily and react to real-time data
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity within a dynamic, fast-paced, rapidly changing organization
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.