Senior Software Engineer, Deployment Tools
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Release Engineering team you will be responsible for owning the execution of large projects involving multiple teams and contributors. You will be a technical authority on multiple subject matters within the team’s focal areas, and lean on these strengths to educate the team and guide its efforts.
What will your role be?
- Create software and processes that support complex deployment across multiple data centers at an high level of scale and stability.
- Own the design, development and implementation of the intuitive tooling engineers will love to use for continuous integration, automated testing, and release management.
- Research industry trends and innovations to identify opportunities to grow our own platforms.
- Mentor infrastructure engineering team members in software development best practices and maintain a high standard of quality across the solutions you build.
What will you bring to the role?
- Experience in designing and implementing large-scale, high-availability software solutions.
- Familiarity working with configuration management systems and and automation pipelines used for testing and building software.
- Prior experience with or a strong interest to learn DevOps best practices.
- A desire to build large scale loosely coupled modular systems that produce value far greater than the sum of their parts.
For bonus points, you will have:
- A good sense of humor and deadly accuracy with Nerf guns.
- Experience with process containerization and management with Docker and Kubernetes
- An active GitHub account.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.