The Wayfair Middle Mile Team is looking to add an Associate Transportation Planning Analyst to help support the growth of their Transportation network! This person will be responsible for the daily coordination and execution of Crossdock and regional multi-stop truckload and LTL activities within a defined regional footprint in the US. Candidate will utilize extensive knowledge of distribution and supply chain processes, to create efficiencies that drive velocity and carrier execution. This person will also be expected to identify and manage quality external transportation partners to create lasting value add.
In this position, you will:
• Create/Manage a daily dispatch/load out plan for the Wayfair Ops team to ensure timely movement of merchandise. This will be done through use of both systemic and manually developed solutions.
• Liaise with key stakeholders to provide a 360-degree view of merchandise flow. Identify and communicate any exception/at-risk shipments, and develop/offer solutions to ensure timely flow of goods.
• Manage carrier partners to ensure daily execution of all movements, review performance and develop/design improvements to the supply chain, based on business priorities. Serve as the key operational contact for building teams, downstream and carrier partners.
• Develop/Implement Wayfair Middle Mile SOP’s and KPI’s to be implemented across the Middle Mile Transportation network.
• Work with Wayfair building operations team to identify opportunities to improve volumetrics/ reduce damage.
• Bachelor’s Degree plus 1-2 years of Logistics Experience- preferably in a transportation planning role or operational cross dock environment. Will consider appropriately qualified candidates in lieu of college degree.
- Strong communication skills. Able to clearly define complex thoughts in writing. Able to adjust communication style and level of detail to flex between senior executives through front line associates.
- Highly responsive. Proven track record in building relationships and handling operational exceptions with appropriate communication, and levels of engagement.
• Experience with JDA, Oracle, Manhattan or similar TMS, as well as PC Miler or similar, highly desirable. Experience with SQL preferred but not required.
• Excellent critical thinker and problem solver. Demonstrated examples of process improvement and KPI measurement and reporting.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.