Senior Product Manager, EU Shipping Experience
Senior Product Manager, EU Shipping Experience
At Wayfair, our Product Management team is responsible for providing the vision, execution and analysis necessary to delight customers with world-class experiences on our websites and apps. We are organized into small, focused, fully-resourced, and empowered teams to operate with the speed and focus of a startup, while benefiting from the resources of an established eCommerce leader.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to own the customer experience around Shipping, Inventory, and Returns across our European sites and apps including all speed-related badging & guarantees. We’re looking for a Product Manager who is itching to compound our international growth through innovative, data-driven, and customer-focused initiatives. Your products will ensure our European customers shopping our sites understand when products will arrive and what their delivery experience will be like before they purchase. You will thoughtfully sell shipping & delivery upgrades and services in ways that empower our customers and drive profitability. You’ll ensure that our out of stock experience is productive for customers and that our return policies are clearly messaged throughout the journey. As the owner of the on-site customer experience, you will serve important “voice of the customer” functions throughout the European supply chain and operational product organizations.
A strong candidate will relish the opportunity to jump into a highly visible space where you have the opportunity to drive significant impact to Wayfair’s revenue. You are customer and data-obsessed, and love turning quantitative and qualitative findings into insights and strategy to drive product priorities. You have demonstrated success in inspiring and leading a cross-functional team in rapidly delivering value to your customers. You’re one to aim high, calibrate constantly, and know when to double down or fold in pursuit of something even greater.
How you’ll drive success:
- Be the voice of the customer. Drive forward our understanding of customer behavior around shipping messaging & programs and become the expert around communication to our customers. Ensure your partners are always thinking customer-first.
- Be data-obsessed. Identify, refine, and meticulously monitor your KPIs to understand the health of your product, and opportunities for improvement.
- Be an innovator. Innovate and incubate new ideas to drive shipping initiatives across European experiences.
- Manage overall execution and performance of product initiatives. Lead and collaborate with creative, engineering, and analytics teams to plan, execute and manage your roadmap. Strong leadership and communication skills are a must; experience with agile methodologies strongly preferred.
- Be a champion for strong team dynamic. Have demonstrated experience driving collaboration, product quality and team velocity.
- Test and learn, fail fast, and take the winners to market. Rapidly iterate, acquire the needed data, interpret it, and then take action to course correct.
- Determine what resourcing you need to capitalize on business opportunities. Work to develop talent and build a strong team around you.
You’re who we’re looking for if you have:
- 4+ years experience in product management with a track record of building high-impact, consumer-facing products
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights - familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multivariate testing practices a plus
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics; economics or supply chain background a plus
- Superior communication skills and excellent stakeholder partnership; able to navigate a complex organization to ensure transparency and generate buy-in for plans
- The ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically; you’re as comfortable defining vision and goals as well as you are executing
- The ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments; you have a bias for action and the ability to pivot readily and react to real-time data
- This role will be based in Boston, but will require frequent travel (~10-15% of time) to Wayfair’s European headquarters in Berlin.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.