Head of Strategic Accounts, CastleGate
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers’ shopping experience, and develop a unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
On our CastleGate Team you will have the ability to:
- Own and drive a part of the business that has real and immediate impact on the success of Wayfair.
- Develop and execute transformational strategies that generate a game-changing competitive advantage and enduring customer satisfaction.
- Partner with a team of smart, motivated and engaged individuals in an environment that is both collaborative and risk taking.
Enterprise Growth Innovation:
We are looking for a talented, driven and entrepreneurial leader to help us profitably grow our core product verticals. In this role, you will work with external partners and internal cross-functional teams to advance CastleGate’s business agenda. You will manage a team that own the relationships with a large group of suppliers and act as a senior sponsor in creating and driving strategic enterprise growth. You will work closely with leaders across Wayfair to help define overall CastleGate strategy and lead high impact initiatives. In this role you will gain great general management experience in e-commerce, negotiations, marketing, merchandising, data analytics, financial analysis, and supply chain.
- Build strong relationships with existing suppliers and develop and implement strategies to achieve revenue, operations, and profitability goals through continuous analysis of performance and by identifying new opportunities for expansion.
- Develop a close understanding of suppliers’ businesses, manage and own the P&L for your vertical, determine what services we can sell them to expand our partnerships, negotiate business terms and support your team in these conversations.
- Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas and develop relationships with new, target suppliers.
- Lead and develop a team of highly motivated Senior Account Managers and Account Managers and support them in achieving their business and career goals. Work collaboratively with internal teams to improve processes and troubleshoot issues.
- Attend tradeshows to visit key suppliers and source new product to build new supplier relationships. You will develop world class dinner survival skills in “hot spots” like Las Vegas, Chicago, and Orlando.
Success in this role requires a combination of strategic and analytical thinking, an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to hit the ground running. This person would be a self-starter and an excellent communicator and negotiator, with an ownership, results oriented mindset. A successful candidate would be adaptable, thrive in a fast-paced environment and comfortable with ambiguity.
What we are looking for:
· 10+ years of experience or 4+ years post MBA experience preferred
· 3+ years management experience, including success in building and scaling teams
· Experience in management consulting, private equity, investment banking, or corporate strategy preferred
· Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
· Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy. Advanced excel skills needed
· Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and a “get it done” attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
· Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
· Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.