Senior Product Manager
Fulfillment technology is fundamental in creating an online purchase experience that delights our customers with rapid home delivery. Come be a part of creating cutting edge operational technology for our customers. If you're passionate in creating scalable fulfillment systems that will drive our business and elevate customer, supplier, and employee experiences, we are looking for you to join our Operations Product Innovation team and help lead our Warehousing & CastleGate product initiatives.
You must be able to gain insights from data and create a strategy that will improve the operational software that enables Wayfair to achieve its business goals. You will lead a team of product associates and oversee the execution of the technology road map for the Warehouse Management platform. You will be responsible for developing ideas for new tools and enhancements, and ensuring that we’re pushing the bounds of creativity and innovation, consistently executing at a high level. You will work cross functionally with senior management, making appropriate product-related tradeoffs across brands, and measuring success of the team’s initiatives.
Your team will be managing the end-to-end product management life-cycle for technically complex strategies, from ideation and requirements gathering to prioritization, implementation, and post-launch support. Working with developers and stakeholders across the organization, this role would also help craft the long-term vision for warehouse platform technology products and help scale important customer-facing programs driven by these products.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain technology platform road map and disseminate regular updates to key stakeholders
- Counsel business leaders in operations and other departments on workflow optimization and product definition
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of the technology platform
- Lead and mentor a team of product associates
- Work with your team to translate the vision of the operational departments into robust, intuitive systems.
- Work closely with senior managers across the organization to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Utilize data to understand the scope, impact and priority of our business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into system enhancements and new features
- Monitor performance of the team’s initiatives and measure impact of product enhancements
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Guide resourcing on your team and supporting technology teams to ensure on-budget delivery of products and enhancements
Example initiatives you will lead:
- Drive technology solutions to support the rapid growth and expansion of a proprietary 3PL (third-party logistics) platform from a warehouse management perspective
- Develop new core competencies through technical innovation in Wayfair’s internal supply chain
- Unify a diverse set of functional tools into an extremely intuitive, efficient and comprehensive vendor portal
- Work with warehouse management staff to build processes, workflows, and tools that increase efficiency and fuel a scale-proof future of the operation
- 5+ years product management experience working with operational systems
- 3+ years’ experience successfully managing and developing highly effective teams
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline, MBA a plus
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Extensive experience working with data is required
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Strong product management skill with ability to get things done
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and ‘get it done’ attitude
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.