Senior Manager, Business Operations
International Supply Chain
At Wayfair, we are transforming the Supply Chain and Logistics industry and we are looking for creative and driven professionals to lead this change.
The Senior Manager for Business Operations will hire, mentor and lead a team of professionals providing operational support to $2 billion worth of domestic and international product moves. As an integral member of the International Supply Chain team, you’ll be able to put your stamp on the design and execution of the processes that underpin our proprietary supply chain network.
The Senior Manager for Business Operations will own major initiatives for our team to drive continuous improvement and propel our service experience to new levels of delight for Wayfair customers and our supplier partners.
This role will be in a highly cross-functional, general management role where you are the primary owner to identify, structure, size and own strategic opportunities and processes for the team through rigorous analysis and rapid execution of structured solutions.
Keep reading if the challenge above sounds exciting and you enjoy using data to solve complex problems, driving innovation in a complex industry, managing the coordinated efforts of multidisciplinary teams, and create truly new products and services. In this role, you will be interacting very closely with, among others, Operations, Products and Engineering teams.
What you will do:
- Drive decision making: Create consensus aligning cross-functional teams and influencing senior decision makers.
- Create vision & Alignment: Create structure and utilize frameworks to structure the team’s thinking, drive transparency, and secure alignment.
- Execute: Lead strategic operations and projects and deliver on strategy and operational plans to deliver on the strategic vision of the International Supply Chain group and of Wayfair overall.
- Provide leadership: lead, motivate, guide and manage the performance for a team of associates tasked with executing key processes for Wayfair’s supply chain.
- Be data driven: Collect and analyze data, create and validate hypotheses, synthesize findings, develop plans of action and formulate actionable insights. Design and drive metrics to measure & monitor performance and cost.
- Develop strategic partnerships: Identify, develop and generate value from strategic partnerships with groups inside of Wayfair, startups and established players in the Technology, Logistics and Supply Chain space.
Who you are:
- Experienced, with 5-7 years working in Tech companies, Management Consulting or any other fast-moving and changing environment.
- Great communicator and storyteller that excels at getting support for complex initiatives.
- Answer-first, business-oriented and data-driven decision maker that excels at creating actionable insights.
- Able to create structure out of chaos and derive a coherent view out of diverse, and sometimes conflicting, opinions and facts.
- Skilled at dealing with complex corporate environments and solving conflicts across very senior stakeholders aligned with diverse internal and external channels/partners, business units and product lines.
- Familiarity with Retail, Supply Chain and/or Logistics industry is highly preferred but not required.
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented with the ability to see the story of how this work translates into data, cost savings and general operational excellence.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.