Warehouse Inventory and Freight Manager
• Managing the functions and workings of the Exception Management Teams in the Region
• Delegating and assigning tasks and targets and evaluating the working of the staff
• Supervising the functions and workings of Inventory Control and all transactions
• Actively engaged and communicating with regional Warehouse personnel
• Managing the inventory. Work areas include receipt, pick, pack, ship and return of product.
• Supervising proper shift allocations and ensuring efficiency of all warehouse staff.
• Remedying all Exception Cases and ensuring inventory is in the correct systemic state
• Manage warehouse inventory control programs and assure location and count accuracy meets corporate requirements.
• Ensuring the proper functioning of all warehouse tools and equipment by staff
• Actively coordinating with engineering support teams to improve processes
Skills & Requirements
- 5 years previous related experience in a relate filed/industry
- College degree or additional training/certification in related field a plus
- Pervious supervisory experience within a warehouse or related environment
- Previous experience managing people, including time management, performance evaluation, coaching, etc.
- Previous Inventory experience preferred
- Knowledge of the safety and regulatory requirements and documentation (MSDS, OSHA, Equipment Checklist, BOL, etc.)
- Working knowledge of WMS system
- Strong leadership abilities
- Demonstrated ability to handle general administration tasks
- Working knowledge of MS Office; ability to learn new systems quickly
- Strong MS Excel knowledge
- Strong motivational and team building skills
- Ability to make decisions quickly
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.