Warehouse Order Processing Support Associate
Wayfair, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and housewares in the United States, is hiring for a Warehouse Operations Associate. The right candidate will have prior experience hitting quantitative performance standards, analyzing data, problem-solving and interacting with multiple software interfaces at one time. In addition, multi-task, relationship building, as well as strong written and verbal skills are a must. Other critical success factors for this role include the ability to think outside-of-the-box, maintain a positive attitude, be self-reliant, remain flexible in daily responsibilities and conduct oneself professionally at all times.
- Utilize various internal software tools to research and resolve a large volume of inbound exception tickets, such as product shortages and overages, on inbound shipments from external suppliers
- Engage external suppliers and internal stakeholders via phone and e-mail to solve immediate operational issues
- Resolve outbound order fulfillment concerns, including shipping questions, back-order inquiries, and more, using a variety of software tools
- Manage a complex workload and hit key performance targets daily
- Meet or exceed current internal standards while identifying areas for proactive improvement
- Consistently project a high level of professionalism
- Recognize, document and alert Warehouse Operations Supervisor of ongoing issues or trends that require escalation
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time-to-time by the Company and/or Warehouse Operations Manager
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Ability to problem solve and analyze data
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work towards and hit daily performance targets
- Aptitude for analyzing data and identifying on-going trends
- Desire to learn, both through training and independently
- Passion for helping to solve problems
- Talent for building strong, professional relationships
- Prior experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of Excel and ability to learn new systems quickly is a must
- Familiarity with warehouse management systems or purchase order systems is a plus
- Successful track record working in a high-volume environment
- Strong desire to be part of a team, while achieving personal and company goals
- Reliable, consistent and self-reliant work habits are necessary
- Regular and reliable attendance is essential
- Ability to alternate sitting and standing throughout an 8 hour period, or longer
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and computer monitor
- Ability to use a telephone system and headset
- Ability to handle challenging interactions via telephone and email in a professional manner
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with or without accommodations
Please note, this is an office position located within a warehouse setting. Daily work may require interacting with/visiting the warehouse floor.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.