Human Resources Manager - DE Warehouse (m/f)
Wayfair.de and .co.uk has Europe’s largest online selection of furniture, home furnishings, décor and goods including more than 1.8 million products from over 3,500 suppliers across the EU and is consistently increasing.
Due to growth in our warehouse in Kassel, we are looking for a Human Resources Manager to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and directing HR functions and programs for Wayfair’s DE warehouse. You will maintain and enhance the human resources department by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, collaborative, results-oriented leader who is particularly adept at balancing multiple priorities and issues and being decisive. This role requires someone to be dedicated to developing a strong, diverse, and collaborative organization, have a strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing business and willing to contribute where necessary.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive HR strategy fully integrated into the overall business direction.
- Work closely with Warehouse Senior Leaders to understand and implement an effective headcount planning strategy, including liaising with appropriate agency providers
- Guide and advise leaders in corrective action, development plans, employee terminations, legal and regulatory compliance etc.
- Make recommendations to improve employee engagement
- Maintain and utilize the HRIS management system (Workday)
- Prepare for and conduct new-hire onboarding and orientation
- Support training and development programs
- Ensure consistent policy implementation and adherence
- Stay abreast of changing legal and HR best practices
- Design and implement Health & Safety awareness activities
- Contribute to and maintain the unique Wayfair culture
- Value add ideas and support to a collaborative HR team across several EU and US locations
- Perform various other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Significant and proven experience within HR as a generalist in a warehouse, manufacturing or logistics environment
- Fluent in spoken and written German and English
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully work with individuals at varying levels within an organization
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Products, Internet navigation, HRIS systems
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Able to create, analyze, report and manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics
What We Offer:
- A dynamic, vibrant work environment
- A great opportunity to learn about e-commerce from a global top 50 e-retailer.
- The opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organization with great career opportunities
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.