Senior Business Analyst – Supply Chain Analytics (m/f)
Senior Business Analyst – Supply Chain Analytics
Wayfair is an enterprise obsessed with data in any area of the business. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to unlock insights and provide out sized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers won’t benefit from micro optimizations. Leveraging the largest data set for products sold in the Home and Furniture space, our analytics teams treat data as an asset and determine how to maximize its business value and extend our competitive advantage.
At their core, Senior Analysts at Wayfair are strong in quantitative analysis, enjoy coding but also want to balance that with their interest in business. They think critically to tackle complex challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are seeking a high-growth opportunity where they will have an immediate impact on day one. Furhter, as Senior Supply Chain Analyst you are aligned with one of the core functional areas of Wayfair. Whether you’re analyzing supplier trends, developing new recommendations, or constructing SQL queries, you will be working with cutting edge technology and multi-terabyte data-sets.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with leaders of Supply Chain areas (e.g., Supplier Operations, Warehousing, Logisctics) to identify the most impactful ways for data and analytics to drive decision making and accelerate profitable growth.
- Comprehend, extract, and massage information from multi-terabyte data sources including sales, operations, logistics, product, and customer databases to deliver business insights and recommendations.
- Design and build solutions to empower stakeholders across Wayfair to self-serve analytical needs.
- Become the subject matter expert for data, analytics, and testing within the Supply Chain organization to ensure accurate and proper interpretation of core business metrics and consumer behavior.
- Perform deep-dive analysis, including the application of advanced analytical techniques, to solve some of the more critical and complex business problems including supplier segmentation and supply chain optimization.
- Develop data visualizations, including reports, dashboards, and analyses in Tableau to distribute data insights in an easily digestible manner.
What You'll Need
- Experience in an analytics, business intelligence, data science or engineering role performing quantitative analysis.
- Proficient knowledge of SQL (incl. aggregate functions, joins, etc.). Other structured programming languages (Python, R) a plus.
- Hands-on experience conducting quantitative analyses on large data sets; experience with Excel (pivot tables, vlookup, etc. ) and Tableau.
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record.
- Ecommerce or supply chain analytics experience a strong plus.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.