Strategic Program Manager - Corporate Travel & Procurement
Strategic Program Manager - Corporate Travel & Strategic Procurement
Wayfair is looking for a unique travel & procurement expert to join as part of a firm-wide Procurement transformation and sits on a new Strategic Procurement team that jointly manages upwards of $1.5bn in spend. At Wayfair, we move extremely fast with a laser focus on customer success. That means we need people who focus on more than just cost. We need adaptable doers who are great at engaging with stakeholders, creative out of box thinkers, super spend data gurus, flexible and fast multi-taskers, and who possess a true total cost of ownership philosophy. We need the next generation of travel talent!
The Strategic Program Manager will be responsible for end-to-end execution and management of the global travel program and policies. This program includes, but is not limited, to travel management companies, airlines, hotels, car rentals, ground transportation, tradeshow travel, traveler security, visa, passport and traveler security programs, T&E booking/expense software and meeting management programs.
This role is ideal for an exceptional person who is passionate about innovating and understanding of cost drivers, leading to business decisions and ultimately scaling within a high growth organization. The role requires a driven individual who is experienced in working for a global organization and has managed large programs, creating scale, driving strategic relationships and influencing company spend culture.
What You’ll Do:
- Monitor TMC performance, service levels and online booking tool (OBT) optimization.
- Make business recommendations on travel program and project activities in line with business goals and objectives.
- Plan, develop and direct the operation of the company's travel policy and services.
- Administer and monitor the travel policies, guidelines and spend to deliver efficient travel
- Lead global travel projects including the evaluation of TMC landscape and country-level launches.
- Optimize supplier partnerships to drive key business results.
- Provide continuing analysis and development of technology and systems in area of travel plus expense reimbursement
- Negotiate all travel related contracts (TMC, Hotel, Airline, Car rentals, Ground transportation, corporate housing etc.) to optimize travel policy and program compliance, spend visibility, employee satisfaction and cost savings
Additional aspects of the job include:
- Cultivate working relationships with internal departments on a global scale as well as suppliers to position Wayfair as a preferred customer
- Leading Quarterly/Annual Business Reviews of service providers
- Evaluate, recommend and implement new technology to improve and enhance traveler experience and improve effectiveness of travel program.
- Design and implement travel training/webinars for travelers and travel arrangers.
- Collaborate with Security and HR to ensure security processes and tools are integrated into the travel program.
- Develop trust within the businesses so that where there are conflicting priorities or other issues so you can ensure that all involved understand the issues and agree with the solutions put forward
- Benchmark, analyze, monitor and report on travel expenditures and compliance.
- Manage reporting, including development of executive travel dashboards with data inclusive of spend, travel metrics for in-policy/out-of-policy compliance, plus volume trends along with exception reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Collaborating and working closely with other parts of the organization to implement Total Cost of Ownership improvement opportunities within the specific categories
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in spend analysis, market and benchmark analysis at a broad level
- Experience communicating complex and actionable concepts at a senior executive level
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to be challenged
- Team player who is willing to support multiple areas of the business
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to own and manage significant projects including large system implementations
- Detail oriented, organized, and efficient
- Possess excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills and the ability to apply sound judgment to complex business transactions
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.