Application Support Engineer-WMS
Application Support Engineer-WMS
Do you want to be a part of a collaborative team for a growing eCommerce company?
We have built an Application Support Engineer into our organization. This individual would be devoted to making critical proprietary tools work efficiently and effectively for users.
Warehouse IT Analyst Engineers play an important role in providing tier 2 technical assistance to Wayfair’s global employee user base through tickets, emails, and remote support interactions, all while maintaining a persistent point of contact between business and technology staff.
Responsibilities of the individuals would include:
- Work closely by communicating regularly and attending stand ups with Development Team and Project Managers
- Provide tier 2 technical level support to for critical business applications which enable our transportation, warehousing, or order management processes.
- Able to influence Sprints by providing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Able to recommend procedure modifications and improvements
- Subject matter experts in the common software within the business class.
- Train and build knowledge base articles for Tier 1 Service Desk support
- Able to triage and replicate an application problem, then resolve or escalate well documented issues to appropriate development teams.
- Versatile communicator: Use discussion & written word to clearly communicate concepts, explicate, and set expectations.
- Proactive and complex problem solver: Quickly recognize inefficiencies, assess conditions, & work with service ownership of developing an advantageous solution.
- High technical aptitude: Able to understand high-level technologies in a business class and is seen and valued as a subject matter expert.
- Institutional Knowledge, especially the life cycle of an order. Able to identify who to speak to and build a strong/healthy working relationship and maintain that relationship.
- Development experience: Understanding of PHP is useful. A strong candidate is someone with aspirations to be a developer.
- Proficient SQL: Experience correcting data errors by writing insert statements into the database and able to create adhoc reporting.
- Investigation & diagnostic skills: Possesses the ability to sniff out the ongoing issues and report to appropriate teams.
- Growth - Managers and teammates care about your success
- Meritocracy - Work hard and get rewarded
- Engineering - experience a variety of issues from infrastructure to software development
- Learning - We have a learn@work department providing trainings ranging from professional growth to programming during work hours
- Seeing and understanding the inner frameworks of the engineering department of a $2B company
- Great team atmosphere
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters ***
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.