Senior Software Engineer, Python Platform
The Python Platform team is looking for a Senior Python Engineer to help build a world-class Python ecosystem at Wayfair. Here, you will play a key role in creating intuitive tools, libraries, and infrastructure to deliver startup-like agility to dozens of teams working at enterprise scale. If you're excited about making Python a leading choice for multiple domains including data analysis, prototyping, and highly scaled production services, we want to hear from you!
In this role, what will you do?
- Build the tooling & automation to deliver Dockerized development and production run time environments
- Author and contribute to internal libraries that emphasize intuitive interfaces and composability
- Identify creative ways to be a force multiplier for hundreds of internal Python users
- Leverage self-directed time to invest in the platform, yourself, and the open source community
- Help teams and projects adopt the latest Python technologies
What will you bring to the role?
- Deep knowledge of Python and its ecosystem
- Strong sense of ownership within your domain, and a desire to have agency in
- A humble learner’s mind with an eagerness for teaching and being taught
- A sense of gratification from helping others
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or working on DevOps / Release systems
- Experience with Jupyter notebooks, Spark, and other data science infrastructure technologies
- Experience writing and/or leveraging C extensions and Cython to solve performance bottlenecks
About the Python Platform Team
We're a high-leverage team of experienced Python engineers that embraces startup culture as we serve hundreds of Python users within Wayfair, whom we consider our customers. We highly value autonomy and trust and we are vocal internal advocates for testing, pragmatism, community, and the immense benefits of a low-friction environment.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.