Senior Sales Training Manager
Wayfair is seeking a dynamic, experienced Senior Training Manager to oversee training and development across multiple call center locations. This person will be responsible for leading a training team supporting the Sales & Service organization across multiple sites and will be responsible for all aspects of call center training, including needs assessment and training strategy, curriculum development, classroom facilitation, and results assessment.
This person will report to the Director of Employee Development. He or she will be expected to quickly develop an understanding of Sales and Service operations, processes and needs. This person must be comfortable running training for large audiences of all tenures and levels, and will be expected to devise and optimize training solutions that make the most of Wayfair’s resources.
Location: Ogden or Orem, UT
- Focus on Wayfair's sales departments to help build and drive training strategy to align with business objectives, and growth projections in assigned locations while partnering with contact center management team.
- Build and manage a team of trainers across multiple site locations
- Oversee creation, delivery and maintenance of training programs for the following Sales and Service audiences:
- New hire onboarding
- Upskill training for existing staff
- New and tenured manager development
- Work in tandem with operations managers to ensure alignment of training programs with ongoing coaching and quality assurance effort
- Build strong partnerships and collaboration with peer training leaders to enable consistency in training programs across sites
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years managing a successful training organization, preferably in a call center environment with a focus on sales training
- 5+ years as a training facilitator preferably in a call center environment with a focus on sales training
- Demonstrated understanding of instructional design methodologies
- Proven ability to develop training curricula and conduct in depth training needs assessments with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated understanding of frontline leadership skills and training
- Proven ability to lead training teams across multiple sites
- Proven success building and optimizing training solutions
- Articulate, persuasive communicator across multiple organizational levels
- Savvy, quick thinking and comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Goal oriented self-starter and able to flex to changing business needs and priorities
- Ability to maintain a global mindset with strong collaboration approach with peers and stakeholders
- Ability to analyze data to identify solutions
- Ability to travel as needed to multiple sites
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Excel required
- Experience with Adobe Captivate or other eLearning authoring software preferred (experience with Adobe Connect or other virtual learning software preferred)
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to alternate sitting and standing throughout an 8 hour period, and sometimes longer
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and computer screen
- Ability to use a telephone headset and telephone system
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with or without accommodations
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.