Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Senior Business Systems Analyst
Do you have a passion for internal process improvement, especially in a fast-growing, highly technical environment? Wayfair IT’s Technology Experience function is hiring a Senior Business Systems Analyst to assess internal processes and drive end-to-end improvements across a wide range of cross-functional teams and technologies.
Because this role is embedded within the Technology Experience team, there’s a unique and important focus on end user experience and feedback. The overall goal is to ensure that all employees have a positive, productive, and effective interaction with IT. Accomplishing this with scalable and effective processes is crucial to IT’s ability to grow with the rest of the organization.
As the IT organization’s Senior BSA, you’ll be responsible for using a combination of user feedback, data across a variety of sources (including SQL, ServiceNow, surveys, and other platforms), and input from Wayfair’s IT team to identify opportunities where we need to significantly update our processes to achieve a better experience for users and IT professionals alike. One example opportunity is to drive improvements across our new hire IT Onboarding experience: How do we assign and provision assets more quickly? How do we get users logged in and up-to-speed on platforms easily? How do we handle very large groups of new hires? Where can we eliminate unnecessary steps in the process?
- Partnering with multiple cross-functional teams (within and outside of Wayfair IT) to understand their role in key processes
- Leveraging data to identify opportunities for maximum improvement to IT efficiency and end user experience
- Applying broad technical knowledge in conversations with IT leaders to push on existing technical solutions
- Using a keen and practiced project management skill set to scope projects, drive forward multiple project partners, communicate status clearly and consistently, and push these efforts through to completion
- Proposing enhancements and extensions to existing applications to improve usability
- Sharing and promoting ITSM best practices to help It as an organization scale across all processes and efforts
- Connecting regularly with end users (employees outside of IT) through a variety of means, including focus groups, data, and personal internal network
- Working with senior leaders, always exhibiting polish, professionalism, and persuasive communication
- Driving change in a large enterprise environment
- Experience working across many cross-functional teams
- Proven track record of data-driven decision-making
- Working knowledge of Windows and/or Mac OS’s
- Experience working with virtual collaboration tools
- Direct experience with stakeholder management from requirements gathering to UAT to post-production testing and close-out of projects
Nice to have:
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with G Suite applications
- Familiarity with HTML5 and CSS
- Familiarity with Powershell
- Management experience
- Experience with APIs
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.