Director of Executive Recruiting
The Director of Executive Talent Acquisition will own the executive talent acquisition process and overall strategy for Wayfair. The individual will be responsible for managing and building a high performing team of senior executive recruiters who are managing a portfolio of executive level searches across the company and playing lead roles in managing the full recruitment lifecycle of executive hires (Director-level plus) from initial briefings and market mapping to interviews and offers. The individual will be proactive in ensuring that Wayfair is in a position to have a ready-now pipeline of the most talented executive leaders both internally and externally.
The individual will have incredibly strong business acumen, intellect, judgment and advisory skills. He/she will be able to consult with senior executives through status meetings, providing market feedback and insight to candidates’ strengths, motivations, and development needs. The individual will advise on the search strategy on multiple executive searches, drawing on project management ability, proactive pipeline development, and strong service delivery.
The ideal candidate will be a brand ambassador in the executive talent and job search communities, a strong advocate for Global Talent Acquisition standards and operations, an expert networker, and a passionate promoter of diversity talent
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Own the executive talent acquisition vision and roadmap balancing quality and speed with innovation.
Oversee the management and execution of full-life cycle executive searches by developing the sourcing and recruiting strategies across all functional areas.
Build out innovative leadership evaluation tools and capabilities and integrate across the organization
Create the market mapping and research strategy to build and maintain a pipeline of top executive talent in anticipation of future needs.
Build Wayfair’s brand as a destination employer for top leaders to make impact and drive meaningful results across the globe.
Coach and mentor the executive recruiting team to:
- Recruit highly sought after executive talent
- Consult with and influence internal clients while providing a high level of service.
- Clearly define and communicate processes and respective roles while managing expectations.
- Prepare hiring managers and interview teams to understand job requirements.
- Ensure candidates are assessed (including appropriate formal assessments) in relation to the proper criteria
- Follow up regularly and ensure timeliness of the recruitment process.
- Creatively negotiate complex executive compensation packages
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of business is required
- 10+ years of experience working with executive leaders in an advisory/consulting capacity in rapidly scaling environments
- 8+ years recruiting highly desired (full cycle recruiting)
- 5+ years consulting experience preferred
- Ability to influence and advise senior executives and manage senior-level relationships
- SME/Leadership presence
- High level of comfort in direct sourcing and experience with complex compensation negotiations
- Strong relationship management and influence skills, particularly targeted at senior leaders
- Decisive and action oriented; strong strategic thinking and organization skills to link talent acquisition strategies, workforce and succession plans across a global company with multi-faceted talent and pipeline needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; executive presence and credibility
- Superior multitasking and ability to juggle tasks with conflicting priorities
- Highly organized and self-aware
- Immaculate attention to detail and a keen eye towards visual presentation of work product; excellent presentation skills
- Learning agility; ability to work in an ambiguous environment and drive forward results
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.