Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience. To enable this differentiated experience, Wayfair is investing heavily to create the first-ever national large parcel supply chain all the way to the consumer’s home. This is an exciting, fast-paced, and high-visibility initiative and we are looking for leaders who can help disrupt the status quo and redefine an industry.
Wayfair is looking for a Transportation Manager to work in our local delivery center. This person will play a key role in defining and laying out opportunities and advancement in the final mile piece of the Wayfair supply chain. This role requires the candidate to be a self-starter who is able dive in and build out the program while communicating needs and opportunities back to the corporate headquarters. The ideal candidate has a background in transportation, experience managing drivers and an understanding of DOT regulations.
- Define key delivery KPIs and create a systematic way to monitor, report and improve those KPIs
- Supervise team of home delivery drivers while they perform day to day job functions
- Provide direct input into the existing driver tools (both technical and physical) and make recommendations for process changes/improvements
- Partner with internal compliance group to ensure all DOT regulations are being met by all drivers and trucks while creating a streamlined method of communication
- Identify headcount needs and help recruit, screen and hire drivers
- Develop the driver team through identifying training needs and partnering with the training team to address opportunities
- Proactively monitor order management systems and routing systems to optimize routes and resolve outstanding order issues
- Supervise daily load out and all driver activity including but not limited to delivery visits, truck load audits and customer follow up
- Fluent in English and preferred conversational in Spanish
- Must have a valid US driver’s license
- Comfort with delivery routing technologies/strategies
- Customer centric approach
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Strong leadership skills with previous management experience
- Proactive in identifying areas of opportunity and driving process improvements
- Ability to build positive partnerships with internal and external groups to optimize performance
- Experience managing a team
- Home Deliver or Final Mile experience is a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.