Consumer Insights Manager
Consumer Insights Manager
We are seeking an entrepreneurial individual to manage brand-central internal research and customer insights for Wayfair. Reporting to a Consumer Insights Brand Lead, this person will be responsible for helping define learning agendas and execute key research projects based on strategic initiatives across the company.
The ideal candidate is a left-brain/right-brain manager-doer with strong customer intuition built on a foundation of strong quantitative skills. They will have a record of quantifiable success and will have previous experience working cross-functionally in a data-driven, fast-paced, and high-growth company. This role is a good fit for current research managers or for an experienced customer insights professional looking for a new challenge.
- Design and execute qualitative and quantitative research, interpreting research findings into actionable insights
- At Wayfair, we are Manager-Doers; this role is expected to dive deep into all parts of the research process, including scoping, programming surveys, analyzing data in Excel or SPSS, and building Powerpoint decks that address the “business story”
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to understand business goals and share information and key findings
- Provides expertise and support to project teams on statistical and methodological issues related to satisfaction and perception measurement
- 3+ years of experience with demonstrated success as both an analyst and manager of behavioral, market, or customer experience research
- Experience with SPSS, SAS or other statistical software; must be able to run their own analyses, including basic regressions, maxdiff, or conjoints
- Customer oriented with good product intuition; ability to articulate and define customer requirements and success criteria that leads to fresh, delightful, and usable applications
- Experience working with stakeholders/clients and developing specific research plans based on loose goals or agendas
- Exceptional focus on details related to methodology and analysis; knowing that there is a “right” way to do things, coupled with passion for conducting scrappy research when appropriate
- Proven track record of being self-directed, collaborative, and entrepreneurial, particularly in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Bachelor's Degree required
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.