Senior Product Manager, Personalization
At Wayfair, our Product Management team is responsible for driving the vision and execution necessary to delight customers with world-class experiences. We are organized into small, fully-empowered teams that combine the speed and agility of a startup (with many former entrepreneurs throughout our leadership) and the firepower of a $5 billion company aggressively investing in its continued growth.
As a Senior Product Manager on our Personalization team, you will be empowered to delight tens of millions of customers by making each one feel the entire store was customized just for them. We’re looking for a data-driven matchmaker who will draw from a catalog of over 40 million items and countless pieces of original content. You’ll drive success through your technical dexterity, comfort developing customer empathy, and ability to rally a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, analysts, data scientists, and fellow product managers around a common goal.
As the CEO of your product, you must have a strong bias for action, be a consummate communicator, be extremely curious, and be willing to identify and fill gaps where necessary to get the job done. You will be asked to break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning. You will play a central role in organizing and communicating the efforts of a cross-functional team consisting of Engineers, Product Managers, Site Merchandising, Analysts, Data Scientists, and Designers.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a deep understanding of our users, customer journeys, competition, technology, team, and internal business strategy / goals
- Create a product vision and strategy that will help us delight our target users and achieve our business goals
- Translate our product vision / strategy into a well-sequenced roadmap, and ensure that your roadmap evolves as we learn and adjust our business goals
- Partner closely with dedicated Engineering, Analytics, Data Science, Design, and Merchandising teams to execute against your roadmap and continually improve team velocity
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to continually improve our product in ways that matter most to our users and have the biggest impact on our KPIs
- Build strong relationships throughout the organization, to ensure transparency across our roadmaps and surface opportunities to improve our collective velocity, consistency and/or quality through collaboration
- Define, monitor and communicate KPIs for your product area
- 5+ years experience in product management
- Track record of building high-impact consumer products
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer-focused innovation
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multivariate testing practices a plus
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for technical, quantitative, or scientific backgrounds)
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, access to the finest home furnishings brands—previously only available in showrooms
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.