Terminal Manager - high growth ecommerce (M/F)
Wayfair.de and .co.uk has Europe’s largest online selection of furniture, home furnishings, décor and goods including more than 1.8 million products from over 3,500 suppliers across the EU and is consistently increasing.
Do you have the business savvy and problem-solving skills necessary to thrive in a start-up environment? Are you looking to hit the ground running and have an immediate impact in a highly visible role? If so, you are a great fit for one of Wayfair’s fastest growing, new businesses, Wayfair Delivery Network.
The Wayfair Home Delivery department is looking to add a Terminal Manager to our local delivery center. This person will play a key role in improving customer satisfaction and driving repeat business in their region by ensuring that Wayfair Delivery Network provides a world class customer experiences at every opportunity.
Ideally you will have experience as an Operations manager for a Logistic Service Provider and have managed a warehousing & transportation team with responsibility for operational execution, line haul as well as last mile delivery. You will have experience of working with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and supply chain technologies.
Ultimately, you will ensure that we have the right resources & capabilities in place so that we can deliver the goods on time, with a great customer experience, safely and within budget.
Main Responsibilities of the role:
- Play a key role in strategy and setting up the Wayfair Delivery Network, which includes warehouse operations and fleet strategy
- To lead and manage all aspects of the Warehouse Operations and be responsible for Quality, Cost, Service and Delivery.
- Lead a team of operations, transportation, customer service managers and planners while they perform day to day job functions
- To manage all workloads, workflow and labor planning through your team; to ensure that productivity levels are optimized and that customer orders are fulfilled within order lead times.
- To target a warehouse on-time performance of 99%+ and to be able to identify and root cause any exceptions relating to under performance.
- Monitor, report and improve KPI’s including NPS, On Time Delivery %, Order Dwell Time as well as site KPI’s such as productivity, T&A and all local HR related issues
- To collaborate with the appropriate Wayfair teams, these being; Supply / cross dock warehouses, IT, customer facing teams etc. to resolve ongoing issues affecting warehouse performances.
- To design and lead the training strategy for all site personnel, including; cross department training, health and safety training, system training, etc.
- To manage change activities within the warehouse systems, such as introducing new work-streams or processes and project managing these to completion. E.g. Returns, cross dock, etc.
- To have extensive system training in the UK warehouse and at the Berlin office [HQ] as required, both initially as part of onboarding and ongoing as required.
- To engage local contractors as required, to carry out routine and ad-hoc site maintenance as required.
- To develop a facilities plan suited to local territory rules and obligations and in line with building lease terms.
- To effectively manage the local Site EHS (Environment, Health and Safety) programs.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement in the operations, therefore knowledge of kaizen, lean and 5S principles is essential. Ideally you will have a Green Belt.
Key Candidate skills and attributes.
- Sufficient experience within a high SKU count, warehouse environment, gaining valuable, progressive experience through various roles of same day order shipping / fulfillment B2C, and last mile delivery operations
- Extensive leadership experience of inbound processes, put-away strategy, order picking (large and small items) and shipping.
- Experience of WMS (warehouse management systems) and supply chain management technologies and have a good understanding of hardware & tools relating to warehouse operations.
- IT “savvy” individual, with a good understanding of all Microsoft packages, google tools, SQL (not essential, but advantageous) and having some previous experience of working with internal ticket systems.
- Data-driven experience – ability to analyze data sets and make informed business decisions
- To have managed large, cross functional teams previously (20+) and experience of having done annual reviews and employee feedbacks
- A real self-starter; demonstrating some autonomy in your career to date, some “start-up” experience, project management experience is advantageous.
- An excellent communicator, both orally and written. Being able to convey detail and data as required to internal and external teams with confidence.
- Fluent in English and second language ie. German would be an advantage
- Be a hands-on manager, a natural leader, good communicators someone who can demonstrate practical & problem skills on a day to day basis.
- A results and target driven individual, who is action orientated.
- Being a balanced decision maker.
- An advocate for driving Wayfair culture through own spirit and actions.
- Available to travel is essential.
- Degree in management, administration, supply chain, customer service, or 5 years working experience in consumer goods product distribution would be a requirement
- A Certificate of Professional Competence for Transportation Managers (CPC) would be a distinct advantage for this role.
What We Offer:
- A dynamic, vibrant work environment
- A great opportunity to learn about e-commerce from a global top 50 e-retailer.
- The opportunity to join a rapidly expanding organization with great career opportunities
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.