Launch Lead - Large Parcel Home Delivery Operations
Various locations throughout the United States
Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience for large parcel items (e.g., couches, vanities). To enable this differentiated experience, Wayfair is investing heavily to create the first-ever national large parcel supply chain all the way to the consumer’s home. This is an exciting, fast-paced, and high-visibility initiative and we are looking for leaders who can help disrupt the status quo and redefine an industry.
Launch Lead - Large Parcel Home Delivery Operations will play a key leadership role in this strategic initiative, helping to develop and run a network of best-in-class asset-based final mile sites within the US and Canada. This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment with Wayfair growing at an unprecedented 50% year over year. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company and one that will offer the right candidate an opportunity to reshape one of our core operational functions.
- Develop and manage operations travel team to launch our brand-new Home Delivery Operations sites across the country
- Directly influence a team of site leaders, warehouse staff and Home Delivery Concierges during a new building launch
- Provide developmental plans and opportunities to your team members (build a bench)
- Role out the foundation of our new Home Delivery Operations
- Train and provide consistent structure to the office staff in a launch and support environment
- Report KPIs on terminal performance and team’s performance to Terminal Leadership
- Drive consistency of process and execution among terminals
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure effective execution of building launches
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Create templates and tools to structure information and data for project documentation
- Must be able to travel ~90% of the time
- Proven track record buildings and maintaining a dynamic and high executing team
- BA/BS, with strong academic record or equivalent experience
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- 3-5 years of logistics and supply chain experience
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong negotiation skills
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
- Ability to work effectively with people in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to lead discussions and communicate effectively
- Entrepreneurial spirit
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.