Wayfair’s Software QA team is growing and we are looking to hire a Software QA Manager for one of our expanding/growing teams. You will empower your team to help improve all aspects of our internal tools and systems used to build, populate and manage aspects of operating our e-commerce business. Our methods are collaborative, our group is inclusive, and our minds are exploratory. We encourage skill building, knowledge sharing, and professional growth. Above all: we are dedicated to improving the quality of our products.
What you’ll do:
- You will help define testing and test automation coding norms, oversight of their implementation, and promoting continuous improvement through periodic reviews.
- Support your team to qualify functionality and performance of our internal tools.
- Recruit, hire and lead a team of Software QA Engineers.
- Mentor and grow your team.
- You will provide thought leadership for Engineering and Product in all areas of software quality, including the deployment process. You will identify meaningful trends and practices so we can release quickly and with high confidence.
- You will be involved with scaling our automated testing in a continuous integration environment, defining and evolving our testing strategy in service of team and company objectives.
- Have managed or have equal experience managing Software QA Engineers for 3+ years
- You have command of manual/exploratory testing practices and significant leadership in testing automation development and architecture. You have previous experience, or strong aspirations for, growing and leading a team
- You are eager to “roll up your sleeves” as a player-coach. You are excited at the prospects of seeing the individuals on your team grow and succeed under your guidance and leadership.
- You are an excellent multi-tasker with the strong ability to effect change, influence, and collaborate within a technical team and also with company leadership.
- Contain a sense of humor!!!
- Experienced with qualifying applications that rely heavily on relational databases.
- Ideally, some hands-on automated testing coding experience.
- Experience delivering software in an Agile, CI/CD-based environment.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.