Freelance Translator / Copywriter for Canadian French (m/f)
Please note that projects will be remunerated via Upwork - we can provide more details regarding this at a later stage.
Canadian French Translators are needed to help with translation and copywriting of various content visible on our website, such as product descriptions, UI/UX content and other marketing material. This is a work-from-home position that requires a computer and steady access to the internet.
The French (Canada) Translator and Copywriter position requires the following skills:
- Ability to translate content from English to Canadian French with high quality
- An excellent understanding of both English and Canadian French
- Experience with CAT-tools in general, experience with Smartling is a plus
- Attention to detail, willingness to follow standards and share feedback
- Fluency in Canadian French (C2 level)
- Highly proficient in reading and writing English
- Proven experience in copywriting and translation
- Sufficient relevant experience in translation or localization
- Fast and reliable internet connection
- Highly organized with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible work schedule and/or a commitment of min. 20 hours/week including weekends
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.