Manager, Inventory Planning Strategy
Manager, Inventory Planning Strategy
Wayfair is looking for a driven, analytical leader with proven experience in business management, driving organizational change, and championing innovative thinking to join the Inventory Planning function. This team is at the forefront of building an innovative, scalable business strategy for Wayfair to support business growth of 3-4x. This role will be responsible for the end-to-end inventory health across a Wayfair category or categories. You will develop and execute a sourcing strategy focused on driving top and bottom line growth, to include initiatives such as: low-cost overseas sourcing to drive margin gain in Wayfair’s key categories, domestic shipments to drive in-stock rates, and continuous improvement projects to drive efficiencies and effectiveness. Thus, this role will require working with teams across the company such as Category Management, Warehousing, Engineering, and Finance, and engaging with C-level executives.
- Own supplier relationships within a Wayfair category or categories for inventory management issues and develop and execute strategies to optimize supplier performance to key metrics, such as sales, turns, in-stock, aging, and network balance
- Lead initiatives to drive improvements in the Inventory Planning systems, data, and processes
- Manage efficient inbound and outbound inventory flows and health, including forecasting, purchasing, and liquidating aged inventory
- Drive root cause analyses to investigate underperformance, develop action plans to address, and lead the implementation of solutions
- Develop and execute replenishment orders and manage supplier fulfillment
- Align Wayfair teams (Operations, Promotions, Category Management, etc.) to ensure strong supplier execution and to understand and manage the demand drivers that impact the supplier growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline
- 5+ years of experience in operations, retail, engineering, consulting, strategy or finance with direct management experience preferred
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office required and with SQL preferred
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- Experience managing and executing large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of levels and functions to achieve objectives
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.