CDL A Driver (Yard Switcher/ Yard Driver)
- Yard switcher will be responsible with moving, spotting, backing, and inspecting tractor trailers in our yard.
- Monday - Friday 2:30 PM - 11:00 PM
- 2nd shift
- Must be able to work OT as needed
- Comp Rate: $18.50
- Must be open to working on the Warehouse Floor as needed
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make all necessary trailer moves throughout the shift.
- Support departments as needed working on the floor during non-driving periods.
- Complete yard checks
Skills and Specifications:
- Working understanding of WMS system.
- Working understanding of High Jump.
- Must be reliable and in very good standing with regards to attendance.
- Must be comfortable in maintaining control of yard truck and trailers in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to prioritize, follow and execute directions in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to make decisions with little to no guidance.
Education and Qualifications:
- Candidate must present Class A CDL license
- Candidate must have at least 1 year experience driving a Semi-truck & trailer or 1 year experience operating a yard switcher.
- Candidate will need to be willing to work on the warehouse floor. After season this position will be working on the floor with the rest of the warehouse staff.
- Preferred but not required that the candidate have experience operating a yard switcher.
- Candidate must present all necessary medical paperwork required to drive a tractor trailer; including long forms.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 1 year driving experience moving 48’-53’ trailers.
- Must be able to demonstrate skill set.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.